Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Step Closer?

So if you don't really know who's behind Jask Clothing, I will say this: It can be summed up as a combination of the thought process behind two people. Both me and my partner, Jerry, hold full time jobs. So I guess it would be only right to say that we use this line as our hobby and creative outlet. We're very different in every aspect of our perspectives, but I'll save the details for another day.

For now, what you need to know is that I am a graphic designer by day (or should I say most of the day and sometimes well into the night) and Jerry is.....well, I don't really think I can describe him under one job title...I think I'll just add the letters A.D.D. after his name because he's all over the place. 

In any case, in my day job, we deal with an impressive client list – one being the soon-to-be-constructed (maybe?) Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The whole process of a new "landmark" entering a community is definitely an interesting one, especially from a perspective that is behind-the-scenes. The Barclays Center recently launched a showroom to promote their suites in the New York Times building with the opening reception graced by the likes of Jay-Z and many other Nets execs. Here are some behind-the-scenes pics of the showroom the day before the reception:


Inside the showroom is a replica of an actual suite that features a screen which gives a panoramic view of what you might actually see. They had this projection screen switch depending on where the suite was located.

The entrance corridor was done in a timeline fashion that covered the entire history of BK. Signage was done by the world-renown design firm, Pentagram.

Smack-dab in the middle of the showroom is a cube-shaped projector that displayed videos and all that other good shtuff....


No comments:

POPULR POSTS