Sunday, October 18, 2009

2009 Heineken Red Star Soul Tour Comes to Gotham Hall NYC

It has been a while since I have gone out and this past Friday night I went to check out the Heineken's Red Star Soul Tour which took place at Gotham Hall in New York City. I ran into quite a few friends I have not seen in a long time, such as Omen from Stadium Red, Troy Hutchinson, and recently Charles Anthony who gave me information about the event initially.
So once I walk in, guess who I run into, Jessica Gueco aka Yoshi from Fatlace along with her friend Louise Delorito.

I haven't seen Yoshi probably a few years ago when she just moved into Brooklyn from Cali. and we were selling T-shirts at the Atlantic Avenue Festival and she approached us, since then I haven't seen her until Friday night, sometimes I feel that New York is much smaller. Anyways she's been making some serious moves since she has been here in NYC and you can see what she's been up to here:


Comedian Godfrey MC'in the whole night, was killin me. I remember seeing him at Comedy Cellar years ago he would open up and then he started to do the 7UP commercials and haven't seen him for a minute until Friday night.


Wale started it off


Biz Markie along with Grandmaster

FlashNobody Beats the Biz



"Just a friend"


UK's finest Estelle decided to get the crowd involved on the 1 and 2 step before she performed "Come Over"





Last but not least Ludacris (Nas performed a few songs with him but I had to dip out)



"The World is Yours" off of Nas's first album Illmatic

"I Do It For Hip Hop" off of Ludacris's 4th album


Finally got to meet Charlie Murphy, very nice fellow. Let me know when you want some Tee's from Jask Charlie!



Here are some more pics from Wire Image of who else showed up:

1 comment:

Karin said...

No way you met Charlie Murphy ! lol hes great!!

POPULR POSTS