Thursday, June 26, 2008

NERD - Seeing Sounds & Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours





So a lot of people have asked me if I was able to check out the new NERD album Seeing Sounds

I honestly was not too impressed with their 3rd album and I know that they were a bit more experimental and expansive. I would have liked the trio - Neptunes (Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo) and Shay Haley to have dug a bit more deeper than coming up with a hot Drum & Bass beat like "Spazz" or the Sixties soul "Sooner or later". I would have to give NERD 3 out of 5 mics.

I would have to say this wouldn't be on my heavy rotation but on another note I do recommend this on my heavy rotation. This trio which consist of Tim Hoey, Mitchell Scott and Bennett Foddy who dropped because he went for his PHD, so Dan Whitford – came along and took over as vocals. The group is called Cut Copy and a few months back released their sophomore album and I gotta say I have not stopped listening to this band since it dropped. The album was more a refreshing modern day New Order (beats) meets Dream Academy (vocals). Kudos of course to the album co-producer of the album no other than LCD Soundsystem member Tim Goldsworthy. I would have to give Cut Copy 4 out of 5 mics.



No comments:

POPULR POSTS