Monday, March 29, 2010

Chinatown illadelphia




It has been a while that I have taken a trip down to Philadelphia for some Dim Sum. It probably has been about 10 years since I have gone to the Imperial Inn in Philadelphia: 146 North 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107-2309
(215) 627-5588

I used to hang right up the block at a friend's loft around the corner across from the Reading Market on North 12th Street.

I was actually shocked to see how many non-Asians were sitting in the restaurant and it made me realize that the times have changed. What used to be a predominantly Asian American hang out "gem" on a Sunday brunch now has reached out to all cultures around the city. It has thrived into an enriched melting pot of people who enjoy a good meal on a Sunday with their family or friends. I must say that the service was great, only had to wait 10 minutes before we got seated.

Some things haven't changed though when I walk the streets of Chinatown, you can see some of the shops still have the same signs. Check out some of the photos I took around town.











No comments:

POPULR POSTS