Saturday, July 19, 2008

Reflections upon the thirties

The truth as you age.

There are the myths and there are realities:

The Myth
  1. Youth officially ends
  2. Fewer wilder nights out in the town
  3. Still 25 at heart
  4. you can hold you liquor much better
  5. Better control of your finances
The Reality
  1. Denial officially begins
  2. Check out my new home ent. center fellas
  3. Still 25 on the internet
  4. What a lie!
  5. Can I say late charges really do add up

We are living in extremely hectic days, but probably everyone in history thinks that.
I just get a sense our culture saps rather than inspires, and when we see tawdriness around us, we're immune to its erosive or corrosive effects.

It is always interesting to understand, at least, now those who came before us behaved and decided, sure, recognizing our times are way different. I realized that I was very naive and didn't know shit in my 20's and now I've hit the thirty and have learned quite a lot about myself and the people closest to me.

I have realized that more and more as I age that we don't appreciate as much as we should with the simple things in life, but whats simple? Well that's something we all need to define in our own.

Am I now on the inevitable downslope towards oblivion? Hell no, its just the beginning and an old wise man once told me - "You gotta do you regardless of whats going on in your life. You need to make time for yourself to reflect upon and make sure you are taking the right path."



No comments:

POPULR POSTS