and in the words of another, Paul Simon:
Many's the time I've been mistaken
And many times confused
Yes, and I've often felt forsaken
And certainly misused
Oh, but I'm all right, I'm all right
I'm just weary to my bones
Still, you don't expect to be
Bright and bon vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home
And I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
but it's all right, it's all right
for we lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the
road we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong
And I dreamed I was dying
I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly
And I dreamed I was flying
And high up above my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty
Sailing away to sea
And I dreamed I was crying
We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age's most uncertain hours
and sing an American tune
Oh, and it's alright, it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's going to be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest
That's all I'm trying to get some rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POPULR POSTS
-
So recently I was at a car show to see the new models that were being showcased by most of the car companies except Porsche, Ferrari, Lexus,...
-
a full-size folding bike designed by acclaimed industrial designer Mark Sanders is now available in the U.S. The innovative design incorpor...
-
Pearl is a new female emcee worth checking out. Her new visual for Always Something Else is a classy little flick, shot with help from Mat...
-
. via @KareemBlack
-
This is just a birthday shout out to my homeboy Ajay Bhatt who passed away on December 12th, 27, 2005. He would have been 34 years old toda...
-
It has been a while since I have gone out and this past Friday night I went to check out the Heineken's Red Star Soul Tour which took pl...
-
Discovered the Black Kids recently and have been hearing there stuff everywhere. The lead singer - Reggie Youngblood kind of reminds me of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment